It has been too long since my last post! You may ask, “Why start a blog then abandon it two posts later?” To which I can only answer with… RESEARCH! That’s right, I have been avidly researching and absorbing everything there is to know about the wedding planning business, which has kept me very busy.
More specifically, in the last month I have:
- Attended a bridal vendor event (The Oregon Bride’s Best of 2011)
- Learned how to use my DSLR camera through photography classes and traveling to beautiful locations
- Discovered great resources for up-and-coming wedding planners (Backstage Bridal, Sage Wedding Pros, and Inspiration Gods-see sidebar)
- Dove nose-first into Mindy Weiss’ The Wedding Book, which I now refer to as my Wedding Planning 101 textbook
- Witnessed a local Vancouver, WA wedding
The most valuable thing I have learned so far is how much I didn’t know, and how important it is to wait until you are adequately prepared before launching into the world of wedding planning.
Wish I had time to share more details, but it’s back to the research for me!